Wed, Apr 19, 9 AM - 2 PM
200 N Grand Ave, Los Angeles, California 90012
"Join Grand Park, The Music Center: Performing Arts Center of Los Angeles and Los Angeles Department of Water & Power and discover ways you can live clean and go green in L.A."
Wait, the Department of Water and Power will send volunteers or no one there to represent them? Oh, sorry that's a prediction. Eat a d*ck Department of Water and Power, you're hated everywhere.
- Fish Eyes Educational Workshops by Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre, teaching kids to explore site-specific dances inspired by themes of water conservation, climate change and the environment. Dances are accompanied by the sculpture Fish Eyes, created to bring further awareness to park-goers about the importance of water conservation. The sculpture will be on display April 16 – 22, 2017 on the Grand Park Performance Lawn.
- Music by Claire Mills performing songs and stories about the Earth. 20 minute family-friendly performances.
- E-waste drop off (Grand Park nearest Spring St.) and eyeglass donation stations
- LADWP energy efficiency and water conservation information and giveaways
- LADWP water trailer, solar trailer and electric vehicles on display
- Children’s recycled art projects and activities
- “The Trash Man” performance art by Taiwanese artist Chin-chih Yang
- 20 Minute tours of Grand Park’s sustainable landscaping. Meet on lawn between Grand Ave. and Hill St.
- Composting workshops
- Tree giveaways courtesy of City Plants for City of Los Angeles residents*
- Healthy lifestyle vendors
- Kid-friendly yoga sessions
- Grand Park’s signature array of food trucks and food vendors