We're going to need a bigger theater! Hero Complex grants us another year of classic films of fantasy, sci-fi and superheroes to delve on with actors and directors giving from those films in attendance and answering questions. Topping TTDILA's list; James Cameron will be seating on screenings of Terminator and Terminator 2. Not to stop that flow, but we have Alien and Aliens with Sigourney Weaver in the mix.
The Hero Complex Film Festival will be taking place at Hollywood’s TCL Chinese Theatres between May 30th through June 1st. Tickets go on sale tomorrow April 30th at 10am here.
The first night of the festival will have a 10th anniversary screening of Battlerstar Galactica from 2003 with Jamie Bamber, Edward James Olmos, and Mary McDonnell attending, this one is free. The second night will have an advanced screening of How to Train Your Dragon 2 with stars and director in attendance. Joe Dante ends the night with Gremlins followed with the before-mentioned Terminator screenings. The last night has a special screening of Monty Python & the Holy Grail where coconuts are expected. The festival ends with the xenomorph horror of Alien and Aliens.
The full list of dates and films is in the press release below:
LOS ANGELES – April 29, 2014 – Los Angeles Times’ Hero Complex Film Festival takes off into its fifth year with a phenomenal lineup of genre-defining fan favorites. The screenings and live Q&As with the film’s creators and stars will be hosted by The Times’ Hero Complex editor Gina McIntyre May 30-June 1 at Hollywood’s TCL Chinese Theatres.
Fri. May 30:
· A 10th anniversary big screen presentation of 2003’s "Battlestar Galactica" miniseries and reunion of creator Ronald D. Moore with actors Jamie Bamber, Edward James Olmos, and Mary McDonnell
Sat. May 31:
· Special advance matinee of "How to Train Your Dragon 2" and conversation with writer/director Dean DeBlois and stars Jay Baruchel and America Ferrera
· The beloved horror-comedy "Gremlins" followed by discussion with director Joe Dante
· Oscar winner James Cameron will reflect on the franchise that launched his blockbuster career between screenings of "Terminator" and "Terminator 2: Judgment Day"
Sun. June 1:
· A rare theatrical showing of the legendary "Monty Python & the Holy Grail" (and yes, there will be coconuts)
· Sigourney Weaver will discuss becoming one of the world’s most iconic – and first female – action stars between a double feature of "Alien" and "Aliens"
Tickets will go on sale at 10am tomorrow, April 30, to the general public. Members of the Hero Complex mailing list have 24-hour access starting today.
The Festival is the award-winning Hero Complex’s marquee event and will be presented in association with TNT’s “Falling Skies” and the Hero Initiative. Hero Complex reports on all aspects of superheroic, sci-fi, fantasy and horror entertainment. The site’s influential presence can be felt throughout the fanboy/fangirl universe, from special print editions and appearances at San Diego Comic-Con International, New York Comic-Con and WonderCon, to its popular IMAX Screening Series, which hosts upcoming genre releases throughout the year